I find that all of the colours in the world are incredibly astounding! So much natural beauty! An array of colour beyond interpretation, it would seem! I love the vibrance! How the main colour seems to vary in the brighter or darker spots. How the water looks against the beauty of the flower pedals. How you can complement the subject with the colours available in the background. There are so many things about working with colour that I love! Adds another dimension for creativity. I personally find colour to be more of a challenge than black and white. But, that’s my opinion. I could still say the same in reverse, sometimes. My own little conundrum. That’s what I love about photography. You can constantly learn and experiment with new things. Lights, colours, shadows, static images and moving targets! And within any one point of practice every artist will come up with something different. From capturing to editing. I love fall and spring the most for their amazing colours! The fantastic colour changes in the fall and the beautifying of recently bare branches. -K.P.N.
You can have it all!
If I’m being honest, I wouldn’t be able to pick if I had to choose one or the other. I love different things about each one and appreciate the intricacies of the art. The beauty is, no matter what anyone says, you don’t have to choose! Embrace your art in any aspect you want, just enjoy it! I love doing artistic combinations. I love experimenting. Taking a shot that I liked, presenting it 3 ways. The BnW version, the colour and the clash. Three ways to express my own creativity. If someone else were to do their “version of” the same thing, the result and look of the images could, and I believe they would, still be entirely different. There’s no limit to what you can come up with when you just play around and have fun. And for me, as I have said in the past and will continue to preach, art is my therapy! -K.P.N.
I hope you enjoy my work, on some level. Always remember to follow along if you like what I have to say. And if not, that’s cool too. I thank everyone who takes the time to read my ramblings. Saves my wife from having to listen to it…too much!
- The Phantom Road.WELCOME!
- Art is my therapy.I always try and make everything I do into an art, of sorts. Everything from photography and experimenting with various artistic mediums to my dabblings into finance and herbalism. My best asset I bring to anything is my creativity. But there are certain things that, for me, are just like therapy! Sitting down with someContinue reading “Art is my therapy.”
- Artistic opinion. Black and white or colour? Why choose?!I find that all of the colours in the world are incredibly astounding! So much natural beauty! An array of colour beyond interpretation, it would seem! I love the vibrance! How the main colour seems to vary in the brighter or darker spots. How the water looks against the beauty of the flower pedals. HowContinue reading “Artistic opinion. Black and white or colour? Why choose?!”
- Flowers: Life, uh, finds a way.“Life, uh, finds a way.” -Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), Jurassic Park 1993. And let me tell you, does it ever. It always finds a way to amaze me! All of the colours. Variations. Locations. Life finds a way to overcome, even in conditions where nothing lives but plants. Every day I see vibrant coloursContinue reading “Flowers: Life, uh, finds a way.”
- Weeds? That’s what they all say. “Superfood” for thought.One thing as I’ve learned along my herbalism journey is that there are a multitude of plants that are considered weeds but are very useful. Seen as “pests” and are, in my opinion, highly undervalued. I will touch on two of my favourites, Lamium Purpureum (red dead-nettle, purple dead-nettle, purple archangel.) and Taraxacum Officinale (commonContinue reading “Weeds? That’s what they all say. “Superfood” for thought.”